To use my skills as a designer, developer, technologist, and educator in a stimulating, collaborative environment, and to pursue opportunities which challenge me to grow creatively, technically, and intellectually.
- More than a decade of experience designing, developing, and programming web sites for small businesses and nonprofits.
- Years of experience with responsive, adaptive, and mobile-first web development.
- More than a decade of experience teaching, consulting, troubleshooting, and writing about computers, digital devices, and the Internet.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with fluency in both the technical and design domains.
- Freshhops (freshops.com) Web design and development, technical training, and software support.
- Oasis Life Design (oasislifedesign.com) Web development, including responsive design, event management system, customizable content posting system, online scheduling and billing system, and CSS3 animation.
- 5 Peaks (5peaks.com) Web development, including online event management and registration system.
- Art of Preschool (artofpreschool.com). Design and development of a CMS-driven education web site with automated enrollment and responsive, dynamic multimedia management built into the theme.
- RhythmAsana (rhythmasana.com) Web development and design including online event management system.
- Dr. Tim Dymond, N.D. (nature-doc.com) CMS implementation, redesign, and online scheduling system.
- Singer/songwriter Johanna (johannasings.com) Web development and design, including online event management system and music player.
- American Shredding, Inc. Web design and animation.
- Brad Johnson Signs Web design and interactive multimedia development.
- Co-authored Digital Planet: Tomorrow’s Technology and You (Ninth and Tenth Editions), a textbook used at colleges and universities around the world.
- Updated text and added new sections covering emerging technologies and their implications.
- Designed text-and-graphics feature boxes illustrating technical concepts and providing practical knowledge.
- Designer, developer, and webmaster of the companion web site, www.digital-pla.net and its social media counterparts.
- Responsible for all graphic design and desktop publishing for two full-color magazines and one trade paperback.
- Overhauled and modernized the company’s Web site.
- Served as Mac network administrator and staff technology trainer.
Provided hands-on help to students with web, print, and video design tools and techniques, including Dreamweaver, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
Designed and taught “Creating Computer Music and Audio,” a hands-on class for TAG fifth and sixth graders. Students used Garage Band, iTunes and numerous open-source audio applications to create a CD of original music.
Dean’s List (two semesters)